Poet-publisher-educator-activist making art at the intersection of working class Black queer femme disabled life
“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” – Toni Morrison
Tessara Dudley writes poetry and personal essays. Her work focuses on social justice, and the intersections of race, class, gender, sexuality, size, and ability.
She is also the founder of Mourning Glory Publishing, a radical small press. MGP publishes books by writers of colour, and writers from other marginalised communities. Operating from the belief that society cannot be equitable or just when the voices of marginalised peoples are not shared, the press’s mission is to bring those voices from margin to centre, uplifting the words of people of colour, trans and queer people, people with disabilities, neuroatypical/neurodivergent people, and others.
Tessara offers services including educational workshops, editing, and coaching for writers. See Coaching and Consulting for more information.
tessaradudley.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Some of the photography work on this site is attributable to Darwin Rose Força, a multi-talented writer, photographer, and social media maven.
Please use the contact form to get in touch if you are interested in any of these services!
Writing & Publishing Coaching
$55/hour for support in writing, editing, designing, submitting, independently publishing and/or audio-recording a book, with advice and support tailored to your individual needs as a writer
Manuscript editing for writers:
- Basic copyediting: $25/hour
- Heavy copyediting: $30/hour
- Developmental editing: $45/hour
Social Justice Consulting
For businesses, organizations, and individuals:
- 1-to-1 education on racial justice and LGBTQ2 justice issues ($70/hour)
- 2 to 4 hour trainings for businesses and non-profits (the rate for these is variable, and dependant on group size and location; contact Tessara for a quote)
- educational consultations: research and information on social justice issues ($30/hour, min. 1 hour); includes a brief primer on the issue(s), a list of supplemental readings, and links to further resources
- manuscript feedback from a social justice lens ($30/hour)
Please note: in-person training is restricted by location. Clients are responsible for travel, if outside Portland, OR, metropolitan area, and this will be factored into the quoted price.