Almost done! I’ll do a last post tomorrow to report on final numbers. Meanwhile…
Page count to this point:
- 40 pages of Partial List of People to Bleach by Gary Lutz. Notes: still going on this one. The stories after the first 2-3 are much easier to connect to. Also, I seem to like it better now that it’s pretentious fiction, and not pretentious non-fiction.
- 90 pages of Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke [trans. M.D. Herter Norton]. Notes: finished.
- 108 pages of The Rose That Grew From Concrete by Tupac Shakur. Notes: finished.
- 173 pages of Faces at the Bottom of the Well by Derrick Bell. Notes: finished.
- 8 pages of Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Notes: no update.
- 9 pages of Moby Dick by Herman Melville. Notes: no update.
- 44 pages of Requiem for a Paper Bag by Davy Rothbart [Ed.]. Notes: no update.
- 43 pages of The Works of Edgar Allan Poe by Edgar Allan Poe. Notes: may finish this after classes end.
- 19 pages of The Memoirs of Vidocq, Principal Agent of the French Police Until 1827 by Eugène François Vidocq [Trans. by H. T. Riley]. Notes: I’ll probably finish this after classes end. It was kind of entertaining.
- 41 pages of The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. Notes: bit amazed I’ve never read this before, honestly. It’s loads of fun, and I can’t wait to finish it (which task shall be complete, hopefully, by class-time on Thursday).
Running page count: 575